1. The Creation (Genesis 1, 2)
Moses tells of the creation of the earth, the cataclysmic change as the result of divine judgement and the six days of recreation in on brief chapter of thirty-one verses, adding a second chapter as supplimental narrative of the creation of man and woman.
(1) God's Creation / Chaotic Earth
The Original Earth (Gen 1:1) - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." This wonderful phrase solves the first and almost the greatest of problems, the origin of matter and of life, and sets forth God's relation to the universe. God did not create this world as a waste but to be inhabited (Is 45:18)
The Chaotic Earth (Gen 1:2) - "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." The earth was made void by water. 2 Pet. 3:5-6; Jer 4:23-26
The Present Earth (Gen 1:3 - 2:7) - This present earth is kept in store by the same Word (Rev. 20:11-15)
(2) In six days - God's Recreation
First day: Cosmic Light
Second day: The firmament formed.
Third day: Land and vegitation reappears (2works)
Fourth day: Solar light restored
Fifth day: Creation of Fish and Fowl
Sixth day: Creation of animals and man (2 works)
Seventh day: God rested from
(3) God made man in his own image - "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7)
(4) God hallowed the seventh day - "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made" (Genesis 2:2).